The Center for Farm Financial Management is an industry leader in providing a variety of educational programs and applications to help agricultural professionals address real-world business concerns head-on in the areas of financial and business planning, credit analysis, risk management, and commodity marketing. Center programs cater to the needs of producers, educators, lenders, public agencies, private businesses, and other agricultural professionals across the United States. Our diverse client base requires a talented team with a broad range of backgrounds, strengths, and interests to support the dynamic needs of the both the industry as a whole and our individual users.
We are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. Some of the key characteristics we seek are:
- Background or interest in agriculture
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse professional audiences
- Affinity for navigating new and changing technology
- Willingness to ask questions and propose creative solutions to emerging challenges
- Initiative to complete projects quickly and efficiently, both individually and as part of a team
- Desire to have a positive impact on the agricultural industry
The Center for Farm Financial Management (CFFM) provides educational programs and software tools that are practical, timely, and applicable to real-world farm situations. Products and training focus on farm financial planning, financial analysis, risk management, business planning, commodity marketing, and credit analysis. CFFM products are widely used by farmers, lenders and educators across the United States. CFFM is an entrepreneurial unit with major support from software sales and grants.
The person in this position will work as part of a vibrant team at the Center for Farm Financial Management to strategically plan, develop, and deliver farm financial management educational programs. Specifically the person in this position will:
Educational Program Development and Delivery (75%)
- Develop practical educational programs on a wide-range of farm financial management topics utilizing cutting-edge technology when appropriate.
- Develop innovative farm financial management tools including software, web-based, video, written, and other types of tools.
- Deliver farm management and marketing educational programs to producers, educators, lenders, and other agricultural professionals.
- Continue to expand the use of CFFM educational programs and tools to wider audiences of producers and agricultural professionals.
- Embrace and expand entrepreneurship within the Center for Farm Financial Management.
- Provide leadership and support to state and national initiatives in which CFFM has leadership and seek opportunities for external funding in CFFM’s areas of strategic focus.
Scholarly Research (10%)
- Conduct applied research and development in the area of farm financial management and incorporate findings into practical applications.
University of Minnesota Students Positions
CFFM employs 2-3 undergraduate students each semester.
All majors are welcome. Preference given to those in applied economic, agricultural and food business management, or agricultural communication and marketing degree tracks.
To learn more about available student positions, please contact Katie Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.