An important part of our mission at the Center for Farm Financial Management is to improve the marketing abilities of agricultural producers. To accomplish this goal, CFFM offers a variety of educational programs and websites tools that are practical and relevant to real-world farm situations. Our grain marketing initiatives include…
- The award-winning “Winning the Game” and “Tool Time” series of grain marketing workshops. These workshops focus on market plan development and the tools needed to execute a marketing plan
- Customized training programs on pricing tools and market plan development
- Commodity Challenge, an online marketing game that uses real-time cash and futures data.(www.commoditychallenge.
- A book that should be part of every grain producers library, “Grain Marketing is Simple (it’s just not easy)” (www.cffm.umn.edu/simple/). Over 12,000 copies sold in the past decade
- Our Grain Market Economist, Edward Usset, regularly speaks to farm groups throughout the Corn Belt on the difficult challenge of marketing grain
- Market insights and commentary available on Corn & Soybean Digest online