Extension Risk Management Education
Managing risk is always important for farmers and ranchers. The Extension Risk Management Education program provides resources and education to help producers manage a wide range of risks. Extension Risk Management Education is delivered through four regional centers that provide grant funding and leadership within their regions.
The Center for Farm Financial Management supports these four centers and risk management education in many ways, including the following:
The Library helps agricultural producers and professionals quickly locate information, tools, and assistance on specific ag risk and farm management topics.
The Library includes several major components including:
- Documents & Videos – Over 1,000 documents organized by Production, Marketing, Financial, Legal, and Human Risk topics
- Crop & Livestock Budgets – More than 2,700 crop budgets representing over 280 crops and more than 400 livestock budgets from over 30 states
- Collections – Collections give you access to materials focused on a specific topic or developed as a comprehensive curriculum
- Conference Materials – A continually growing list of presentations from ag conferences
- The primary website for Extension Risk Management Education provides access to the four regional centers, grant opportunities, descriptions of funded projects, and a searchable database allowing anyone to learn about the results accomplished by funded projects.
The Results Verification System (RVS) was developed to help risk management education projects focus on participant results and to help projects evaluation and report those results. It has grown into an integrated grant submission and reporting system that documents participant actions and helps projects focus on results from the beginning to the end of the project.
RVS is now used by a number of other grant program that want to have a system that makes grant submissions and reporting efficient and focused on participant outcomes.