Grain Marketing is Simple*
"Grain Marketing is Simple (it’s just not easy)" is an exciting new book by Edward Usset, Grain Marketing Specialist for the University of Minnesota Center for Farm Financial Management.
Grain marketing is a serious topic, this book tackles the issues with relevant information and a bit of fun. "Grain Marketing is Simple" is not a textbook – there aren’t many textbooks that would introduce you to celebrity producers like Barney Binless, Hank Holder or Darla Discipline. This book was written for grain producers and ag professionals who have interest in grain markets and marketing.
Working with his colleagues at the Center for Farm Financial Management, Ed developed the "Winning the Game" series of grain marketing workshops. These workshops have won awards and accolades for applying a common sense approach to the difficult task of marketing grain. Ed wrote his new book, “Grain Marketing is Simple (it’s just not easy),” to complement and build upon the common sense approach featured in "Winning the Game."
About the book
Ed’s book is divided into four major parts: Five Common Mistakes in Grain Marketing, Pre-Harvest Marketing Plans, Post-Harvest Marketing Plans and Pulling it Together.
Among the topics discussed are:
- How a different approach to marketing can help you find the dime (or more)
- Five common mistakes in the marketing of corn, soybeans and wheat
- How to develop and implement a pre-harvest marketing plan
- Price patterns before and after harvest
- Price objectives and decision dates in a marketing plan
- Executing your plan with the right pricing tool
- How to selectively incorporate options into your marketing plan
- How to selectively incorporate technical trading tools into your marketing plan
- Size-up the market and write a post-harvest plan
- Price and time driven exit strategies
- Carrying charges and selling the carry
- ...and much more!
About the author
Edward Usset serves as a Grain Marketing Specialist for the Center for Farm Financial Management at the University of Minnesota, and the coordinator of the Minnesota Master Marketer Program.
Working with his colleagues at CFFM and in Extension, Ed has helped develop the award winning "Winning the Game" series of workshops. In addition to the Minnesota Master Marketer Program, he has developed a number of one and two day workshops and presentations on the topics of market plan development and grain pricing tools. Ed has also taught several courses at the University including "Grain Marketing Economics" and "Futures and Options Markets".
Buy it now
“Grain Marketing is Simple (it’s just not easy)” is available for $29.95.
The premier farm financial planning and analysis software, with versions for producers, lenders, and educators. Now available: commercial credit analysis
The Ag Risk & Farm Management Library collects, categorizes and organizes thousands of Agriculture Risk and Farm Management documents, videos and presentations to help you find the information you need